To provide information regarding Atlantic County's various advisory boards and commissions including membership details and application.

Agriculture Development Board

The Agriculture Development Board performs the duties and exercise the powers set forth in the New Jersey Agriculture Retention and Development Act, N.J.S.A. 4:1C-11 et seq., and its implementing regulations, N.J.A.C. 2:76-1.1 et seq. Potential members should be well versed in the agricultural issues of the County and interested in helping to maintain and  conserve farmland in Atlantic County.

MEETINGS: Meetings are scheduled when action is needed

Total Number of Members Allowed: 10
Number of Vacancies:  2

(Reappoint for only 2 consecutive terms) 3 non-voting: representative of Dept. of Reg. Plan & Development; representative of local soil cons. district; county agent of cooperative extension services 7 voting members - 4 farming; 3 general public 4 year term beginning 12/1 *FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE STATEMENT REQUIRED*

Commissioner Member: Commissioner  James A. Bertino
Staff Person:  Ranae Fehr / Michael R. Kent (Cape Atlantic Soil Cons. Dist.)

Phone: 645-5898


Chairperson:  Jerry DeFiccio

Jon Bitzer
Duane K. Demaree
Michael R. Kent
Michael Macrie, Jr.
John Peterson
Frank Schoenstein
Richard Van Vranken


Pursuant to the Open Public Meetings Act, notice is hereby given that meetings of the Atlantic County Agriculture Development Board will be held on the following dates in 2023: January 24, February 14, March 14, Aprill 11, May 9, June 13, July 11, September 12, October 10, November 14, and December 12. Meetings are held at 7:00 pm, at the district offices of the Cape Atlantic Conservation District, located at 6260 Old Harding Highway, Mays Landing, NJ 08330.

Formal action may be taken at these meetings. For more information or to ask about participation in the meeting, contact Ranae Fehr, Department Head, Atlantic County Department of Regional Planning & Development at 609-645-5898 or by email at

Most advisory boards are open to Atlantic County residents. If you are interested in volunteering to serve on this or any other Board or Commission you may apply online or by mail. Follow this link to apply or download an application, Advisory Board or Commission Application

Back to Top back to top