To provide quality training at both the in-service and recruit levels through comprehensive and innovative educational practices.
5033 English Creek Avenue
Egg Harbor Township
+1 (609) 407-6727
+1 (609) 407-6717
NOTE: Event has already taken place.
Fly Fishing 101: An Introduction to Fly Fishing
(Saturday, October 14, 2017
at 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM)
Lake Lenape, West- Boathouse 6303 Old Harding Highway, Mays Landing, NJ
Pre-registration is required. Cutoff for registration October 7th
To register, call The Nature Center (609) 625-1897
The SJCFA will be having a fly fishing class to learn the basics of rigging, knots, casting, and fly fishing.
- ROD – 5 or 6 weight with reel and line. You may bring your own, or we will provide a loaner (please indicate choice when pre-registering).
- LEADERS, TIPPETS, FLIES: Bring your own or we will provide.
- FOOTWEAR: Bring shoes or boots that may get muddy.
- EYE PROTECTION - REQUIRED: Bring sunglasses or safety eyewear.
- OTHER GEAR: Hat, sunscreen, bug repellent, a jacket, any food or drink you may want.
- FISHING LICENSE: If you have a NJ freshwater license, bring it. If not, you will use a hookless fly.
For more information please contact
Nature Center Staff at
Back to Top